Latest News

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Kenya:Baby mauled to death by dogs in Kilifi



A one-year-old baby was mauled to death by dogs in Kilifi County.

Dogs attacked and killed a one-year-old baby Thursday morning at a poultry farm in Junju location, Kilifi County.
The girl was one of the twin children of a couple that works in the poultry farm where they are accommodated.
It is suspected the baby crawled after her father who left the home for work at the farm located in Shariani village, when she encountered the dogs.
Her distraught mother Zainab Hassan woke up to find her daughter missing and went out of the house to look for her and was greeted with the grisly sight of a pack of dogs mauling her child.
“I was asleep and not even my husband’s movements as he prepared for work woke me up. When I woke up, I found one of my twins missing. I started searching for her outside the house and that is when I saw the dogs eating her body,” she told the Nation.
Her screams alerted her husband and other workers who came and chased the dogs away from her daughter’s remains.
Kilifi police boss Justine Nyaga confirmed the incident and said he has already assigned officers to investigate the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Blogger Templates