Latest News

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Kylie Jenner pleads for privacy:Just let me be a Kid!

So Kylie Jenner has filed a request for privacy on Twitter. It's nothing official, nor did she actually take her account down, but she wants to back off, people!

Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Jenners
  • I made the decision to keep as much as my life as personal as possible while continuing the reality show
  • I'm 16 and still wanna be a kid sometimes
  • So what I'm trying to say is there's a part of me you don't see so don't go judging people if u haven't walked a mile in their shoes
  • When people think they know me
  • On that note it's international day of happiness … I hope everyone has an awesome day
On the one hand, one feels for Kylie and Kendall Jenner, being handed this "career," or whatever the family business empire is, and not by choice.
It can't be easy being overshadowed by Kim Kardashian (or her sisters, or her own mother), and we can understand if she has some issues here.
On the flip side ... come on, now, it's freaking Kylie Jenner!
She has eight million followers and has shown them almost that many bikini selfies. You want privacy, really?
To be fair, perhaps she's reevaluating things and plans to dial the selfies and overexposure back a bit going forward. Which would be understandable and laudable.
Will she really make her own case for privacy by starting to be more ... private? Being a regular kid without looking for attention and publicity every day?
If she does, good for her. But it's sort of on her too, not us.
Kylie hasn't really seemed like the "let me be a kid, leave me alone" type before, so she has to understand how people wouldn't treat her as such by default.
Actions speak louder than words, girl. Just sayin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Blogger Templates